"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Treasure Hunt explained!

Ok! So since Lorraine asked for me to explain (and this is VERY late, I'm sorry!) the treasure hunt that I prepared for Josh one year for Valentine's, here it is:

First, I just bought some small items I thought he might like..one was a book, "Dereliction of Duty" (a must read for all the Clinton haters out there!), some chocolates, some apple cider (mostly because I didn't know if the places I was going to ask to hold his clues and gifts would be ok with holding alcohol for us!), and a huge picnic basket full of dinner stuff!

Next, I devised clues written on red construction paper. Each clue led to another clue, another destination, another surprise. I put the first clue in his car while he was still at work, along with some balloons and heart confetti, if I remember correctly. That clue led him to another destination, that led him to another destination, that led him eventually home. In the garage I had left the picnic basket for him to bring in and we had an indoor picnic (since it's much too cold here to have one outside!)

The places that I left clues at were places such as the hotel where we spent our wedding night...and the owners/employees of the businesses were all happy to help with such a fun Valentine's Day idea!

So, Valentine's doesn't have to be expensive or even very romantic..it can be fun or cheesey too! We had a great time and I look forward to doing another one for him and one for Reagan at some point too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails