"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction"-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, February 2, 2009

Accountability Update

So I said I would post an accountability update every month to see if I was sticking to my New Year's Resolutions, posted here. And I actually think I'm doing "ok". Here we go:

I'm eating much healthier. Whole grains, less sugar and lots more fruit and vegetables. Still need to exercise more.

I have NOT however, lost any weight, although, oddly enough, my clothes are fitting a little loser? Perhaps I'm losing inches (um, er centimeters!?!?)

I have yet to actually follow through with doing a preschool cirriculum for Reagan, although I am trying to focus on teaching her the things I feel she needs to learn-such as her ABC's and she's doing really well, so far! I *STILL* need to play with her more.

Date nights? *sigh* NOT doing so well there, we still haven't been out for a date, unless you count driving around in the car while Reagan's sleeping and drinking Starbucks a date!

Time to myself? Yes, staying up late at night couponing! LOL!

Budget? Doing really well there. Saving more already and saving money on groceries too! Also looking for better deals on clothing and not buying things just to 'buy'.

As for being "happy", I feel like I'm doing much better. Even some friends have commented that I seem happier and more relaxed lately. I feel like I've been laughing more and I don't feel as stressed as I used to...I have a LONG way to go, but I'm working on it!

So that's it for the first month..hopefully next month will look even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails